Searching for a pasta alternative? Spaghetti squash can put a healthy, simple spin on your favorite dishes. Replace classic noodles with spaghetti squash using this easy technique.
- Cut in half (if too hard to cut initially, heat in microwave for a few minutes to soften and cut)
- Remove seeds
- Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Roast 35 to 45 minutes cut side down
- Let cool long enough to handle
- Use a fork to scrape squash, creating long strands
- Top with your favorite Bertolli® pasta sauce and sprinkle parmesan cheese
Other delicious and versatile substitutes include zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes, jicama, parsnips and white potatoes.