SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Flavors of Tuscany Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 6, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 1, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Mizkan America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, Sweepstakes and judging agencies (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and their affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
- How To Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter, as follows:
- Via Text/Site: To enter using a text-enabled cell phone/device, send a text message with the word “BERTOLLI” to the short code “24587”. Next, you will receive a text message back with instructions on how to visit the Site (as defined below) to complete the online entry form to receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the random drawing, as described below.Data and text-messaging rates may apply. Text “STOP” to 24587 to stop. Text “HELP” to 24587 for help. Text messaging requires 2-way text messaging capable device.
- Via the Site Only: To enter directly on the Site, visit www.bertolli.com/tuscany-sweepstakes (the “Site”) and follow the onscreen instructions to complete registration to receive one (1) Entry into the random drawing, as described below.
Limit one (1) Entry per person per day. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means which subvert the Entry process are void. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. Automated Entries, or those generated by script or bot are not eligible. All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries become property of the Sponsor. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the name appearing on the Entry. Participation is subject to disqualification of all Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person. Normal Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service will apply.
NOTE ABOUT PARTICIPATING VIA TEXT USING A DEVICE: When you use your device and/or transmit data via your device, standard data/text messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Check your device’s capabilities for specific instructions. 2 messages per query. By texting you authorize Mizkan America, Inc. to send you an automated text message to your number. Consent not required for condition of purchase. Message & Data rates may apply. Text “STOP” to 24587 to stop. Text “HELP” to 24587 for help.
- Sweepstakes Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner and ten (10) First Prize winners will be randomly selected on or about July 5, 2018 from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A 6-day/5-night trip for four (4) to Tuscany, Italy. Trip includes round trip economy class air transportation from the major airport nearest the winner’s home to Florence, Italy, round trip ground transportation to/from airport/hotel, five (5) nights’ hotel accommodations (two rooms, each based on double occupancy), three (3) Sponsor-selected tours (each a “Tour”), and $5,000 awarded as a check made payable to the winner (ARV: $18,000). Actual ARV of Grand Prize may vary due to winner’s residence, dates of travel and fares at time of travel. In the event actual ARV is less than the stated ARV, no additional compensation will be offered. First Prize (10): A Sponsor-selected cooking class (“Cooking Class”) (ARV: up to $300 each). Once the Cooking Class has been booked it cannot be changed. In the event the Cooking Class is cancelled for reasons outside of the Sponsor’s control, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. All prize components are subject to availability. No substitution or transfer of any prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Prizes and prize components may be substituted for any reason at the discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners.
- Grand Prize Rules: Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and travel companion(s) must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID, passport, etc.) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Certain restrictions apply including black-out dates. Grand Prize trip must be taken within one (1) year of notification or prize will be forfeited. In the event that a Tour does not take place as scheduled or is cancelled for any reason, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional substitution or compensation will be provided. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen travel vouchers or certificates. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, meals, ground transportation, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, entertainment and transfers, are Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. Grand Prize winner will be responsible for any other costs or expenses associated with the Grand Prize, including payment of applicable taxes. Unless the child/charge of Grand Prize winner, travel companion(s) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the Grand Prize winner. Travel companion(s) (or winner on behalf of minor travel companion) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents.
- General Rules: Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability and publicity release, except where prohibited, within four (4) days of notification. If potential Grand winner fails to return the completed affidavit within four (4) days, or if affidavit is returned as undeliverable or if potential Grand Prize winner is deemed ineligible, the corresponding Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavit will be sent via email. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution (cash or otherwise) is allowed. First Prize winners will be notified via email and must confirm his/her mailing address/eligibility within four (4) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Return of Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names and likenesses for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Winners, by accepting a prize and all Entrants, as a condition of Entry, agree, as applicable, to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective parent, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or from any prize-related activity or for any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner: or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its Administrators are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries and administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award Prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. As a condition of entering in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
- Winners List:For a list of winners, available after August 1, 2018, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by September 1, 2018, to: The Flavors of Tuscany Sweepstakes – Winners, 100 Marcus Dr. Attn: KL, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Mizkan America, Inc., 1661 Feehanville Drive, Suite 200, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.